Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Moleskine - my notebook and journal of choice

I think the Moleskine range of notebooks is like Marmite to fountain pen users. You either love them or hate them. Personally, I love them.


My latest Moleskine notebook alongside
my two everyday Lamy Safaris


Many fountain pen users complain of problems with the paper - ink bleeding through the page and feathering. But I have yet to experience either of these, and I have used quite a range of inks and pens with them. I admit though I have not used a thick nib with one though. But why would you want to.

Why do I like them? They're pretty compact, they lie flat when opened, I like the size, the paper is slightly tinted and just the right thickness, and I like the range of lined, squared and plain paper. The lines and squares are just the right distance apart for me. Not wide lined, but narrow.

There is one factor that I don't like though - the spine's tend to split. Time to get the Duct tape out again with this one. Though, it does add a little character I suppose.



Spine's can present a problem

But I think they're great for
when out and about

No comments:

Post a Comment