Thursday, May 28, 2009

Eleven years to like a fountain pen

Does a nib need breaking in? Well, its not something I've really considered in the past. I think pens can get smoother as you write, though some are beautiful straight out of the box. They gradually wear to your own particular way of holding it and the tip can be polished through lots of use. But its takes some time. Certainly, I don't think you should ever be worried about someone using your pen, though many people appear to do so. "Oh, its a fountain pen, I can't use that, it's tuned to how you write and I wouldn't want to alter it". Anyway, today one of my colleages made me smile. She turned round and said I've noticed I have the same pen as you (a Lamy Safari), and "Do you know its taken me eleven years to like this pen, its only now that its smooth". Now that's dedication to using a pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment